Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The "Message"

Earlier in my blog I spoke about leaving at least 50 messages per day. A lot of you requested more insight on the message that I leave. Before I get into the wording of that message, I want to write about "the numbers game". Numbers are powerful. Have you heard of the Snuggie? It's a blanket that you wear. If the lady that invented that out of her house sold 100,000 blankets, her profit would be $1,900,000!! Just selling 100,000 blankets!! She has sold over 19,000,000!!! Do the math. She is using the law of large numbers. One of the reasons that people that read my book get 90 recruits in 90 days is because I teach a principle of the law of large numbers. One of the chapters gets into great detail about leaving messages. This allows you to cast a big net effortlessly. In three hours you can leave approx. 50 messages.

Here is the message that you will want to leave: "Hi this is ____________, I am trying to reach _________. Your name had come across my desk as someone I might be interested in talking to regarding a career opportunity with my company. You can reach me at ______________, and we can discuss the detail when call back. I look forward to hearing from you later". This is message guaranteed to work if you put the numbers to it! You will get calls with a message like that, especially in this economy. In later blogs I will tell you what to say when the prospects call you back.

Questions? Leave your questions and comments on my home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment